Thursday, July 7, 2011

It's a Luau, BABY!

This past weekend my mom, myself and the kids packed up and headed south to Prattville for the weekend. Our cousin, Mary lives down there and she has a BEAUTIFUL home and pool. She has 2 sons: Will, 10 and Ben, 8!  We had a blast. We got there Friday around Noon and met up for lunch at McAlister's. They have the best sweet tea. We then went to Mary's house and started swimming immediately. This was the first time I've ever been in a salt water pool. There are zero chemicals. Its so clean and refreshing. If we ever get a pool I'm getting a salt water pool.  So, we swam all afternoon and all day Saturday. Then Saturday night we had a Luau. We had chicken kabobs, Shrimp n grits, homemade Oreo and Rolo ice cream, Sandbox cake, and yummy Pina Colada.

Sunday was arts and crafts day. We made owls out of pine cones and decorated bird houses.

We had so much fun and I can't wait to go back!

Mary's gorgeous pool!



Pina Colada...Yummmy!

Ben, Loch, Me and Will


Jax acting like he is about to dive

Chicken Kabobs


Shrimp N Grits






Sand box cake



Jaxon's owl

Jaxon's birdhouse

And a BOOTY! Sorry I couldn't resist! Its so cute

1 comment:

TheMasonBunch said...

What a nice day! I love her patio - beautiful. The crafts are so cute.